Global Logistics Manager - Origin and Ocean Operations
This position will be based Dallas, TX reporting to the Director, Global Logistics. The newly created position will be focused on a data driven approach to managing carrier relationships and the flow of merchandise into the JCP network. The individual will be a key contributor in ensuring the execution of JCPenney SOP's as well as carrier SLA's. The role will consist of a hybrid work environment between office and remote. Candidate must be based in the DFW metroplex.
The individual will be preferred to have experience in either the ocean container logistics or drayage space, but candidates with strong transportation experience in other areas will also be considered. They will be key in managing on-time performance and analytics within the JCP container logistics field. This individual will be responsible for realizing cost savings for the Supply Chain network while monitoring the budget for the assigned area.
The ideal candidate should be self-driven and a highly motivated and inquisitive manager that is comfortable working in a fast paced, retail environment managing container logistics. Job responsibilities include:
- Monitoring drayage budget and identifying opportunities for cost savings throughout the network
- Being the main point of contact for all service providers, both current and prospective
- Provides inbound container forecasts to drayage providers and ensures all containers are assigned to move within contracted free time.
- Creates enhanced visibility and scorecarding around detention and demurrage costs and actively works with facilities and providers to limit exposure.
- Closely monitors chassis usage and other accessorial costs within the drayage network - verifies validity of spend and challenges providers where needed.
- Leads freight audit efforts for designated carriers
- Participates in RFP's and makes recommendations when additional providers are needed either due to capacity or service concerns.
- Communicates performance effectively to multiple levels of management both inside and outside of the organization - capable of driving change.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to create and execute flow of priority orders. Ensures correct routing is utilized and all parties are clear on handling of expedites.
- Monitors equipment pools and drayage volume to optimize the spend between bobtails, demurrage, detention, chassis expense etc.
- Partners with facilities to balance inbound drayage volume with expected throughput, avoiding bottlenecks created by excessive inbound moves.
- Demonstrates ability to manage special projects assignments across any area of the Global Logistics organization - builds knowledge of JCPenney related flow from origin through destination arrival.
- Expanding scope to include monitoring of inbound ocean shipments prior to arrival at port of discharge.
- College degree in a business discipline preferred
- 4-+ years experience transportation experience
- Highly experienced in MS suite data analytics (High level of excel proficiency required)
- Experience managing 3rd party transportation providers
- Prior budgetary responsibility preferred
- Strong communication skills
Job Title: Global Logistics Manager - Origin and Ocean Operations
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109504
J.C. Penney Company Inc.