This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Data Scientist
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist
to join our growing Digital team focused on building transformational capabilities to support our 120-year-old brand. The Senior Data Scientist will use data mining, machine learning, and optimization techniques to identify, build and tune models to deliver long-term data science solutions.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to share insights and recommendations through data.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to build, design and implement required model and data architecture into production
- Build, design and implement both simulated and live tests to drive improvements
- Provide analytical assessments of to identify trends and forecast future requirements
- Research new methods, tools and techniques
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Statistics and minimum 2 years of hands on experience in data science/machine learning
- Understanding of software engineering best practices, development and validation of AI/ ML
- Understanding of AI/ ML best practices
- Preferred experience in retail ecommerce or related domain
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, ability to interact with diverse team of people across business and engineering
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109502
J.C. Penney Company Inc.