This job posting is no longer active.
The Compensation Consultant
leads the planning, design, development, and administration of associate compensation across the organization. An associate in this position will interface regularly with HR colleagues and multiple levels of business partners to ensure compensation components continue to be competitively positioned and effectively attract, retain, and reward associates. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Leads the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs
- Conducts market research, streamlines processes, assesses opportunities, model improvements, and makes proposals to ensure the pay programs, structures, and practices are aligned with business strategies.
- Conducts job evaluations; analyzes job responsibilities, activities, duties, requirements and organizational structure and recommends internal job placement in the appropriate level, title, FLSA classification and determines market range.
- Works collaboratively and influentially with business partners to resolve compensation issues and achieve desired outcomes; provides guidance where appropriate to management regarding salary changes associated with promotions, demotions, transfers, and relocations as well as market and equity adjustments.
- Leads the design and administration of JCPenney's variable pay programs including commissions, annual bonuses, and long-term incentives
- Leads the planning and administration of JCPenney's annual performance assessment and merit processes in addition to other year end projects.
- Partner with HR Operations to properly set up compensation plans, grades, salary ranges, job profiles, and other compensation-related elements in PeopleSoft and related HR systems.
- Maintains knowledge of new or pending local, state, federal legislation that may impact compensation
- Provide ad-hoc reports, statistics, and information as needed.
- Monitor current compensation practices and policies and provide recommendations for improvements
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with concentration in Human Resources, Business, Finance or Certified Compensation Professional or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Compensation or combined experience in a Human Resources or Finance-related function; analytical experience preferred
- Demonstrated background of progressive responsibility in HR with knowledge of compensation practices, principles and regulations; experience in a large multi-state retail/corporate environment preferred
- Proficient knowledge of compensation theory and practice in implementation of organization-wide pay structures and special pay and incentive policies
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Working knowledge of HR Management software such as Workday, PeopleSoft or similar system
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to anticipate needs and manage expectations, effectively communicate priorities and timelines, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering/scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Compensation Director
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109468
J.C. Penney Company Inc.