This job posting is no longer active.
Finance Project Manager
The Finance Project Manager
will report to the Director of Project Management (PMO) and Financial Systems. In collaboration with the Sr Director of Shared Services, the Director of PMO, and the SVP Principal Accounting Officer, will drive best practices and process optimization projects in finance operations and systems to deliver value to JCPenney.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Leads and manages projects which drive process improvement and financial systems enhancements.
- Provides support and partners with Senior Finance, IT, and Business Leadership to develop strategic plans to drive best practices and process optimization initiatives in finance operations and systems.
- Ensures alignment across the Controller's Organization when partnering with other cross functional teams to develop systemic, policy, and process improvements aimed at driving efficiency and provides meaningful financial data.
- Collaborates with IT to identify and improve efficiency and costs in financial reporting systems and applications.
- Partners with IT to drive solutions aimed to enhance or replace financial systems or applications while improving efficiency, data integrity and maintaining a strong internal control environment.
- Leads major Controller process improvement projects, while partnering with internal and external consulting teams to effectively execute senior leadership strategies.
- Presents to functional leadership regarding the status of projects and options to address critical issues, while managing project costs to the budget.
- Develops close working relationship with SLC and Bangalore accounting teams, to provide insightful recommendation and guidance to improve the current processes, achieve efficiency and cohesiveness to optimize end-to-end business processes.
- Collaborates with FP&A and Controller teams to prepare and drive the annual budget, monthly forecast and variance analysis process.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree required or comparable experience.
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience in Accounting and FP&A, ERP implementations, and track record of project management in driving finance related process improvement initiatives.
- Retail industry experience is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), MBA, and/or PMP designation is a plus
- Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a fast paced and changing environment.
- A highly detailed individual with a sense of urgency and strong prioritization skills.
- Committed to JCPenney core values and ethical business conduct.
- Ability to make strategic decisions and communicate effectively to all levels throughout the organization.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Finance Project Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109458
J.C. Penney Company Inc.