Senior Engineer - Material Handling Equipment
The Senior Manager of Material Handling Systems
will support engineering design, calculations and conceptual designs for a variety of material handling solutions. Work closely with Vendors, Operations, Health & Safety, Finance, and Maintenance to ensure the success of a project. Capital planning, tracking, and execution of fiscal year projects with line of sight three to five years out. Complex problem solving, working with cross functional teams, to ensure overall project scope is met and delivered on-time. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Understand basics of mechanical systems and processes for various types of conveyor systems, especially high speed sortation systems. Also understand the basics of pneumatic, hydraulic and conveyor electrical controls applications.
- Participate with project team and client as directed to prepare or edit project specifications and reports.
- Design system layouts and determine operational requirements so that a detailed system flow can be generated. Perform all required calculations to validate system throughput and workability.
- Specify and design system demolition and rework pertaining to the possible re-use of existing equipment.
- Able to read/review structural support steel layouts and related calculations.
- Lead mechanical start-up, debug and testing activities and provide system review and punch-listing.
- Produce, or review and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
- Perform and manage field checking of existing equipment, sites and facilities.
- Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success.
- Responsible for completion of assigned project deliverables as it relates to cost and schedule.
- Provide project scheduling input for conveyor systems implementation.
- Track and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
- Preparing estimates and budgets for proposed MHE solutions.
- Completing regulatory documents concerning safety issues.
What you get:
- Must have the following skill sets -
- Project Management
- Decision Making
- Tasks Delegation
- Installation of large MHE projects
- Innovative Mindset
- Complex Problem Solver
- 5 to 10 years experience managing teams and projects
- Advanced knowledge in the following applications: AutoCad, MS Office Suite and MS Project
- Effective communication in verbal and written skills, able to build strategic relationships, and adaptable leader to lead in an everchanging environment
- Skilled in conveyor system design and versed in multiple MHE solutions
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Engineering or qualified equivalent experience in related field
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Material Handling Equipment
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1109471
J.C. Penney Company Inc.