This job posting is no longer active.
Sourcing Senior Manager - Corporate Services
An expert role that applies specific category and industry expertise to lead strategic sourcing activities for Marketing and Corporate Services,. The goal of this role is to achieve significant cost reductions, obtain productivity improvements, and improve product quality and/or vendor service levels. This role provides direct leadership to procurement professionals to enable successful sourcing strategy execution. The Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager reports to the Procurement Sr Director.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Overarching ownership of development, approval, and execution of strategies for sourcing initiatives
- Form and oversee cross-functional teams to drive identification of sourcing opportunities and requirements, including desired outcome and constraints
- Assist Sourcing Director in establishing team's success criteria and attaining desired results
- Act as escalation point for all sourcing related issues and disputes, coordinate stakeholder involvement, and establish appropriate resolution action plan
- Provide guidance and leadership to the sourcing team to enable successful execution of project and category management strategies
- Execute a disciplined strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, innovation, quality, and service
- Ensure on-time delivery and successful execution of corporate merchandise initiatives.
- Assist Sourcing Sr Director in the training, development, and coaching of associates in line with corporate core competencies and continuous improvement
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and external vendors to understand and prioritize business objectives, requirements, and constraints; navigate across business and functional lines to drive stakeholder alignment toward desired outcomes
- Lead complex and highly visible contract negotiations resulting in favorable terms and conditions, including pricing and risk mitigation
- Work with Sourcing Sr Director to establish semi-annual category business plans to achieve company goals and objectives
- Prepare and conduct executive-level communication and presentations
- Works with Sourcing Sr Director to establish priorities, execution plans, and talent development strategies
- Engages at all levels across a diverse set of internal and external stakeholder groups to influence ideal strategic outcomes
- Provides leadership direction and developmental coaching to sourcing team
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree
- Successful, multi-year track record of managing projects, business relationships, and team development (7+ years of work experience in procurement, or equivalent)
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification is desirable
- Expert commodity experience preferred
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Proactive, inquisitive, self-motivated, and has a growth mindset
- Has a sense of urgency and pace, managing milestones with capacity to prioritize/align conflicting demands
- Good planning/project management skills - able to develop comprehensive workable solutions in complex situations
- Solid organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills with a deep understanding of contractual fundamentals
- Ability to function, and lead ambiguous and/or time-sensitive situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively to multiple levels
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve results
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sourcing Senior Manager - Corporate Services
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109456
J.C. Penney Company Inc.