Associate Technical DesignerAssociate Technical Designer
develops basic technical expertise to assist in evaluate apparel merchandise in terms of style, measurement and construction to achieve the appropriate fit, quality and design interpretation for the manufacturer to follow.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Collaborate with Design and Pre-Production teams with guidance from Sr. TD or manager to determine fit and aesthetics.
- Complete product packages in PLM software, including measurements, construction details and technical sketches.
- Establish and maintain fit and construction standards to ensure brand consistency and quality.
- Review with the Sr. TD or manager fit history when presenting current fit and recommend alternative methods of construction or options for components when necessary.
- Prepare and actively participate in fit sessions.
- Resolve and communicate fit and construction issues to International Buying Offices and factories within the development and production timelines.
- Daily communication and follow through with IBO, vendors, and all cross-functional partners.
What you get:
- College degree in related field required.
- 2 + years of Technical Design experience.
- An eye for proportion, balance and aesthetic details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Develops confidence and assertiveness in fit presentation.
- Ability to multitask and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with an acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proactive on problem solving and seeks input for optimum resolutions as needed.
- Proficiency in software: PLM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Associate Technical Designer
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109474
J.C. Penney Company Inc.