Assistant Art Director - Store Visuals
The Assistant Art Director - Store Visuals
is a part of the Creative Marketing Department. Contributes to concept and execution of in-store visual graphics and POP displays. Collaborates with Sr. Art Directors, Visual Merchandising, Store Design and to ensure cohesive brand expression across in-store visuals. Has experience delivering creative concepts and solutions to support merchandising needs and in-store marketing initiatives, understanding of branding, print design and some photo art direction.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Contributes design concepts for divisional, seasonal and storewide graphics and 3D displays.
- Works with a team of Sr. Art directors, Art Directors and Copywriters.
- Contributes to the creation of visual campaigns or shop designs.
- Collaborates with Photography/Creative Operations/Visual Merchandising teams to ensure coordination of appropriate merchandise for creative advertising pieces.
- Maintains brand standards and upholds creative expectations.
What you get:
- Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising or 1-3+ years of Graphic Design experience in retail preferred; print experience required.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, sense of style, ability to portray a high taste level in all communication arts. Knowledge of printing/3D display fabrication is a plus.
- Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity, ability to multi-task, solve problems and strong visualization skills.
- Must be able to read basic floor plans and fixture drawings.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a growth mindset and a service oriented attitude.
- Advanced typography design skills required.
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration and other MAC based applications and design programs. Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Assistant Art Director - Store Visuals
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109470
J.C. Penney Company Inc.