This job posting is no longer active.
The Philanthropy Manager
will report to the Head of Communications and Philanthropy and will support the execution of JCPenney's community engagement and philanthropic giving to advance the Company's mission of celebrating and supporting diverse, working American families. The Manager will lead select nonprofit partnerships, sustain existing and cultivate new strategic programming initiatives within the community, and drive associate engagement to embed giving into our corporate culture. Additional core responsibilities include creating compelling content to celebrate the impact of our collaboration, coordinating cross-functionally across the organization to bring our partnership to life in various ways, and providing oversight and support on key operational needs tied to department and the JCPenney Communities Foundation.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to understand and set objectives and aspiration for philanthropy and community engagement
- Serve as program lead for select nonprofit partnerships, supporting the end-to-end process of identifying, vetting, securing and cultivating positive relationships with nonprofit partners
- Mobilize colleagues across the organization to create cross-functional alignment on key activations and drive ongoing associate engagement opportunities
- Provide exceptional project management skills as it relates to activating programs with multiple partners
- Serve as the primary point of contact for associate engagement and HR support as it relates to key internal campaigns
- Advise leaders in agenda setting, reporting and strategic planning for key meetings and milestones
- Develop best-in-class processes for department operations, including but not limited to metrics and tracking, grant and donation processing, and competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Track engagement and giving levels across the organization and support the production of an annual report on JCPenney's Philanthropy impact
- Activate and continuously grow personal network of nonprofit and community partners
- Minimum eight to ten years of relevant experience, ideally in both a nonprofit and corporate setting.
- Outstanding influencer and collaborator with ability to establish relationships and work cross-functionally within a large and highly matrixed organization.
- Effective problem-solving, time management and project management competencies.
- Experience management teams and mobilizing diverse set of stakeholders
- Self-sufficient, with the ability to act independently in complex or challenging situations.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, documentation, and accuracy.
- Skilled at upward management and communication, prioritizing and setting expectations as needed.
- Exceptional writing abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications strongly preferred
- The highest levels of personal and professional integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze, process and translate myriad prioritizes and information into wellâ€organized plans of action.
- Awareness of trends and information in the external environment that may impact the organization and the Foundation.
- Bachelor's degree advanced degree preferred
*this position is opened to remote although we prefer local to Dallas Fort Worth. What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Philanthropy Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109437
J.C. Penney Company Inc.