This job posting is no longer active.
Distinguished Data Scientist
We are looking for an experienced Distinguished Data Scientist to join our growing Digital team. The Distinguished Data Scientist will partner with the business to build data science capabilities, identify use cases, building and tuning models and establishing long-term data science solutions.
The Distinguished Data Scientist will lead the business-embedded data science team, providing both direct analysis and model development as well as analytical guidance to team members. This leader is expected to build algorithms that will span to future upgrades through the latest industry techniques and best practices.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Collaborate with business teams to understand use cases and develop a model strategy to address them sustainably, efficiently, and consistently.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to translate required model and data architecture into production.
- Provide guidance to various data science and analytics efforts.
- Oversee analytical assessments to identify trends and forecast future requirements.
- Introduce data science to parts of the organization with less familiarity with the potential impacts and the ways of working data science enables/requires.
- Present new technologies, best practices and make recommendations to leadership.
- Provide thought leadership across the organization.
What you get:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Statistics and minimum 2 years of hands on experience in data science/machine learning.
- Understanding of software engineering best practices, development and validation of AI/ML.
- Excellent understanding of AI/ML best practices.
- Strongly prefer experience in retail ecommerce or related domain.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, ability to interact with diverse team of people across business and engineering.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Distinguished Data Scientist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109466
J.C. Penney Company Inc.