This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Director - Digital Engineering
The Senior Director - Digital Engineering
is responsible for the activities and deliverables for the engineering team responsible for developing a product line. This person demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will manage a team of talented engineers, software developers, and test engineers and will be responsible for assigning tasks, training and career development.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Responsible for the development of the certain technology, back-office software, cloud and on-premise architectures, and customization of the solution to fit customer requirements.
- Responsible for managing the global development team including system engineering, embedded and cloud software teams, testing teams.
- Develops project estimates based on defined scope and customer acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for establishing software architectures and specifications.
- Responsible for establishing software development and software test methodologies.
- Responsible for software quality processes, e.g. design and code reviews.
- Recruit, train, develop and retain team members.
- Provide necessary feedback to manage performance of team members.
- Execute and provide guidance for the analysis / evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements.
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments to executive management as appropriate.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical and program requirements, schedules and contract commitments.
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems.
What you get:
- Experience managing the development of embedded software (C, C++, etc.)
- Experience managing the development of enterprise software (e.g. Java, etc.)
- Experience managing the development of user experiences (UX)
- Experience with application hosting in Cloud architectures and on-premise.
- Experience building and managing a team of direct reports and external contractors.
- Experience developing team members, mentoring colleagues to achieve career objectives, identifying and resolving performance issues.
- Experience developing electronic and software products using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology. Familiar with Agile development tools (e.g. Rally).
- Experience working directly with customers and managing customer issue escalation. Familiar with CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce.com)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Able to navigate accountability in a cross-functional organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management and budgeting skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: 10
- Education in: "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Director - Digital Engineering
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109418
J.C. Penney Company Inc.