Treasury Senior Analyst
The Treasury Senior Analyst
will be an asset to our Treasury department by providing analytical services to operating management, providing counsel and assistance to the Treasurer
. In this role the Sr. Analyst will drive projects aimed at identifying financial opportunities for enhancing the productivity of the Company's asset base and capital structure. The Treasury Sr. Analyst will own the modeling and forecasting process for the 13 week Company cash balances. This role will also support the Treasurer in assigned tasks related to the Benefit Plan Investment Committee.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Supports the development and execution of the modeling and forecasting for an accurate 13 week forecast of the company's cash balances.
- Develops quarterly competitor analysis and reporting for all of the Company's competitors.
- Prepares and monitors the Company's borrowing base reporting related to its ABL and LTD facilities.
- Responsible for building all board of director / senior leadership team reporting including quarterly board of directors slide presentations.
- Performs financial analyses, as assigned, in the areas of cash management and analysis, financing, credit and collection support.
- Performs financial analysis on all significant Company vendors and all new vendors as assigned by Treasurer.
- Complete adhoc assignments as assigned by the Treasurer and proactively seek opportunities to conduct analysis supporting Treasury department projects.
- Reviews credit applications prepared by Support Specialist and delivers to Treasurer for signature.
- Supports the Treasurer with adhoc reporting/analytic based requests regarding the Benefit Plan Investment Committee
What you get:
- Experience: 3-5 years' experience in a finance field (treasury preferred)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business related field. An MBA in finance is preferred.
- Advanced Forecasting and Planning experience is required.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive change and influence across the organization
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with many personalities, timelines, priorities, and expectations•
- Confidence to have direct conversations and performance discussions with business teams across all levels• of leadership
- Advanced Excel skills including the ability to understand and work with advanced formulas, PowerPoint•
- Project Management experience is a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Treasury Senior Analyst
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109380
J.C. Penney Company Inc.