This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Director - Store Support and Insights
The Senior Director - Store Support and Insights
is responsible for providing strategic insight, enhancing operational effectiveness, and managing initiative implementation in order to achieve sales, profit, and customer satisfaction objectives for Stores. This leader plays a critical role in ensuring priorities and objectives are clearly defined, understood, communicated, and implemented to empower the organizations' teams to drive the right level of store performance. The Sr. Director reports to VP of Transformation, is part of the Stores Organization and is on the Leadership Team of the Executive Vice President of Stores.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Strategic Planning - Develops and implements strategic initiatives for the Store's Organization based upon analysis. Provides strategic advice, feedback and input to the EVP of Stores and VP of Transformation. Partners with Regional Vice Presidents, District Managers, the Store Operations Team, and transformation office to identify operational gaps, processes improvements, and financial opportunities and develops actionable plans to address them. Identifies and pursues initiatives to build a strong service culture.
- Analytics and Insights - Conducts ongoing data analysis to identify patterns and trends, develop insights, and make informed decisions on organizational strategy and objectives, to include identifying patterns and trends where we are under-performing and need to be corrected or positive trends where we can drive improved performance or results throughout the organization. Identifies actionable insights from data analysis, operational metrics and financial data to decide proper course of action. Identifies performance gaps related to operations, processes, and financial targets and conducts root cause analysis, addresses gaps with action plans, and evaluates remedies for improved outcomes.
- Store & Field Support - Provides expertise and leadership to ensure functional excellence in implementation and execution of company programs. Identifies barriers and develops strategic initiatives to overcome roadblocks impacting implementation and store execution. Communicates with the Stores Organization Leadership Team to ensure alignment with corporate strategies and implementation requirements.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree highly desirable.
- 10+ years of progressive operations, analytics, and strategy experience in a medium to large retailer.
- Highly capable in financial modeling and development of presentations. Strategic leader who thinks big picture and across the entire store's organization.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage knowledge, insights, research and metrics to make informed and data driven decisions in ambiguous situations, can simplify complex problems into easy-to-understand concepts and actions.
- Growth Mindset, strong Analytical and Strategic Thinking and Leadership abilities, high levels of professionalism, integrity, collaboration, transparency, communication, and energy. High degree of intellectual curiosity with outstanding financial and business acumen.
- Experience working across the organization to influence, work collaboratively, resolve conflict, and gain consensus across a large organization. Comfortable in a cost conscious, fast-paced environment, operates with urgency.
- Relentless focus on improving the Company's core operational effectiveness, and the ability to improve the store experience while controlling expenses.
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs through effective communication in formal and informal settings.
- Builds strong, trusted relationships and works well cross functionally, committed to internal and external customer service, holds self and others accountable.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Director - Store Support and Insights
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109308
J.C. Penney Company Inc.