Distinguished Architect - Stores
As a Distinguished Architect
at JCPenney you will play a key leadership role in the development and execution of enterprise wide business, data, application, and technical architecture vision and strategies. You will establish strong relationships with the business and technology teams within our organization, teaching and driving improved communication of the architecture vision. This role is essential to driving the overall flexibility and scalability of the highly complicated environment of overlapping systems across the company's business functions.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Highly Collaborate with Business, Product and Technology leaders to craft architecture that enables business and technology vision.
- Provide thought leadership and defining technology strategies and roadmaps.
- Be an advocate and driver of new innovative solutions within the organization. Maintain industry knowledge of new technical capabilities and potential disruptors to the market, leverage these to help organization meet key business goals.
- Evaluates, recommends, and defines architecture with best-of-breed, commercial off-the-shelf and other software components.
- Ability to own architecture for multiple Business domains and influence strategic direction and vision for the future; perform in depth analysis of current state and create target state architecture, capability maturity roadmap and transition state architectures.
- Development of collateral: reference architectures, associate guides, and technology solution patterns.
- Define and govern architecture principles & standards to build maintainable, scalable, high performing and secured business systems.
- Ensure architecture related processes and standards are followed and adhered.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to Engineers, Architects, and Analysts.
What you get:
- Deep knowledge and experience across various architectural disciplines (Application, Technical, Business, and Data/Information).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 10-15 years' work experience, is required.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- Evaluated, assessed, and recommended enterprise wide cutting-edge technology components.
- Performs independently with minimal supervision and make decisions in ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive adoption of architecture practices.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to function at both the conceptual as well as detail levels.
- Defined reusable and proven patterns, frameworks, reference models to drive Engineering and Architecture quality and speed,
- Extensive experience architecting and designing scalable, secured, high performing solutions.
- Trained and mentored junior architects and engineers.
- Retail experience desired.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Distinguished Architect - Stores
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109369
J.C. Penney Company Inc.