This job posting is no longer active.
Human Resources Senior Project Manager
JCPenney is seeking a HR Senior Project Manager
to support our Human Resource organization. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading multiple projects of varying sizes and duration including large projects from a global perspective that incorporate both business and technical aspects. This role will report to the HR Program Management Director and work cross-functionally within HR while maintaining total ownership to ensure overall success. The successful candidate for this role will have a proven track record of delivering successful projects to Enterprise level customers.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Identifies and execute tasks as defined for a project in order to achieve the project goals. Identify critical path conflicts, provide and execute mitigation strategies to remove conflicts.
- Ensures project plan includes the roles and activities required for the successful completion of the project, inclusive of key business-owned activities. Performs necessary resource leveling activities to ensure appropriate skillset and proper utilization.
- Identifies issues, risks, and appropriate mitigation plans to lessen potential negative impact to project plans.
- Manages impact of changes to project scope and budget for programs and/or large, complex projects.
- Identifies project success criteria in order to manage a project's performance using appropriate tools in order to monitor the progress of the project.
- Identifies project integrations across portfolios. Manage quick, effective planning sessions with key SME's to properly develop project plans and schedules for programs and/or large, complex efforts across teams.
- Responsible for coordinating meetings as needed to support project related activities. Facilitates meetings providing project status to all levels of the organization, including executive level officers.
What you get:
- 7+ years of HR Project Management experience
- Experience supporting HR organizations (global experience a plus)
- Experience with managing projects in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience in working with HR Technology partners
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Flexible and able to quickly assess situations and pivot as necessary
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Very responsive and strong execution-focused: Ability to hold organization accountable to drive various initiatives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Human Resources Senior Project Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109360
J.C. Penney Company Inc.