This job posting is no longer active.
The Product Manager
is responsible for driving customer-facing and back-end projects for designated product line on JCPenney.com. The Product Manager supports in-depth business reviews, presents to senior management, and supports initiatives with the merchandising, marketing, and technology teams. The Product Manager must be able to work at the strategic level to drive ideas for growth, and at the tactical level analyzing data and solving problems. The Product Manager monitors and drives the business on all aspects of demand, customer experience, and conversion.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Evangelize product vision and strategy to global product, engineering and business partners, including senior leadership
- Continually monitor competition, industry developments and customer feedback to deliver site features that provide JCPenney customers with an exceptional shopping experience
- Collaborate with engineering, design, analytics, and business teams to launch new features.
- Product functionality prioritization and backlog grooming
- Define Epics and User Stories for delivery and test case traceability
- Conduct requirement gathering sessions, and effectively elicit and prioritize requirements
- Ensure business needs are captured in a clear, concise, and unambiguous way, ensuring both functional and non-functional requirements are documented
- Facilitate change management activities by performing impact analysis of changes and supporting launch activities, including documentation and training
- Responsible for operational readiness tasks and performs product demos to stakeholders
- Work closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and business process uniformity of current and future state systems
- Identify and assess value of technology licensing with new vendors to deliver on innovative customer experience features
What you get:
- 4-7+ year's experience in digital product management
- Retail ecommerce experience preferred
- Experience in managing product capability for ecommerce and omni-channel initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects across groups, including UX design, development, and QA
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, cross-collaboration and team skills
- Knowledge of ecommerce business KPIs and technologies
- Strong experience in requirements gathering, writing functional specifications, and user stories in an enterprise environment
- Proven analytical capability and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment!
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies such as SCRUM
- Education: Bachelor's degree
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109381
J.C. Penney Company Inc.