The Benefits Director
leads the strategy, planning, design, development, and administration of associate benefits across the organization. An associate in this position will interface regularly with Sr Leaders, HR colleagues and multiple levels of business partners to ensure benefits components continue to be competitively positioned and effectively attract and retain associates. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Oversees the design and administration of all benefits programs in relation to the total rewards program, conducting studies of benefits practices and costs, and analyzing trends to enable management to assess the competitiveness and effectiveness of the Company's benefits program across the enterprise.
- Directs and provides leadership for vendor management including contract negotiation and re-negotiation, competitive bid analysis, contract performance monitoring, vendor inquiries, and problem resolution, to ensure the Company offers an effective benefits package to Associates enterprise-wide, producing maximum results with the lowest acceptable costs.
- Directs vendor performance tracking and contract performance reviews to ensure vendors are adhering to contractual agreements and are providing services that meet Company guidelines and expectations. Provides direction for the development of customer service models.
- Oversees the development of the Company's annual health care budget, including the selection and evaluation of third-party administrators of the self-funded medical programs. Oversees the design of, or modifications to, the Company's retirement plans to ensure they are competitive and cost effective.
- Provides subject-matter-expertise input to Company Communications on the development of Associate Communications and communication campaigns regarding benefits to ensure accurate, timely, and effective messaging.
- Ensures compliance with state or federal legislation and regulations related to Benefits plans and provides leadership on the analysis and review of proposed legislative changes to best meet needs of the Company and Associates.
- Develops and evaluates measurements and metrics established to gauge effectiveness of Benefits programs.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with concentration in Human Resources, Business or Finance
- At least 12 years of experience in Benefits or combined experience in a Human Resources function; analytical experience preferred
- Demonstrated background of progressive responsibility in HR with knowledge of total rewards practices, principles, and regulations; experience in a large multi-state retail/corporate environment preferred
- Proficient knowledge of total rewards theory and practice in implementation of benefits programs.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to anticipate needs and manage expectations, effectively communicate priorities and timelines, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering/scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Benefits Director
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109371
J.C. Penney Company Inc.