This job posting is no longer active.
Do you like leading a team and watching them excel? Do you enjoy knowing your business inside and out? Do you like interacting with clients and finding ways to make them happy? Well...being a Sephora Beauty Manager at jcpenney might be the position for you!
The Beauty Manager's role is to understand the levers and indicators that affect the Sephora business and coach their team to deliver an amazing shopping experience for their clients.
• Responsible for leading your team - You've led people before and know how important it is to a) provide your team frequent coaching / feedback, b) focus on differentiating performance across team members, c) empower your team to take control and make good decisions, d) set expectations with your team on what needs to be done and what successful performance looks like, e) find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of their lives, and f) sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store's success.
• Responsible for analyzing business performance - You know the numbers. You know what they mean and what affects them on a daily basis. You review reports and any other information you can get your hands on to better understand how and why your business performs the way it does - and then take action to make a difference.
• Supports Talent Management process - You actively search for talent for your store. You're quite comfortable hunting for great talent in the market and approaching them about opportunities. There's no grass that grows under your feet when it comes to finding talent for your openings.
• Responsible for assisting clients - You love interacting with new people as well as greeting old friends that come back into the store to find something new. You and your team do everything possible to put a smile on the client's face!
• Supports the execution of the monthly animation - You walk the floor with your team and other leaders in the store to plan for the upcoming design and set for new merchandise. You are well prepared to provide direction to supporting teams to ensure the client is going to have an engaging shopping experience.
• Responsible for making visual merchandise decisions - You have a keen interest in keeping the store clean and visually stimulating for our brands and ultimately our clients. You walk the floor and find opportunities to ensure all merchandise is being presented to visual standards and when it's not...you know just what to do.
Skill and Characteristics:
• People Skills - You are outgoing and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You like working with all types of clients and team members.
• Business Analytics - You like numbers and metrics and enjoy sharing your insight with others on how you and your team can affect them every day!
• Decision Making - You evaluate situations effectively and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
• Passion for Retail - You love the retail environment. You love being on your feet, moving around, handling merchandise, and making people HAPPY!What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sephora Manager-Aurora, CO
Location: Aurora, CO, United States -
Job ID: 1109347
J.C. Penney Company Inc.