SC Ops Training & Safety Sr. Specialist
The Operations Training & Safety Sr Specialists are responsible for the implementation, execution, and monitoring of all Supply Chain operations training to increase consistency and efficiency. Additionally, they are responsible for all EHS policies, procedures, and programs. The Operations Training & Safety Sr Specialist will identify and address opportunities, creating SMART action plans to implement skill development programs and minimize safety risks. This role is a key contributor to the ongoing development of supply chain leaders and the creation of an improved safety culture.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Oversees the training in all key areas of supply chain operations to include, but not limited to new hire onboarding, safety, job skills certification, computer-based skills, systems integration, implementation of processes and procedures, front-line associate development, and leadership development.
- Meets established performance standards on consistent basis including OSHA Recordable Rate Goal and Lost Time Rate Goal
- Identification and delivery of training programs, including the scheduling and coordination of classes, registration, attendance records, preparation of materials and completion records. This includes job skills trainer certification, safety, PIT equipment training and other front-line training as required.
- Reinforcing and driving the execution of Supply Chain and EHS programs, polices, and procedures.
- Investigate for root cause Analysis of incident/accidents, taking necessary steps to prevent reoccurrence as well as conducting injury trend analysis
- Tracks, inputs, maintains, and audits training records to ensure the effectiveness of training and adherence to company compliance standards.
- Utilizes outstanding communication skills to build strong relationships with facility leadership, SMEs across the organization and the HR and safety teams to deliver educational solutions.
- Champion department and facility safety committee meetings.
- Interface with federal, state, local agencies, and outside consultants
What you get:
- BA or BS in Education/Teaching, Training/Curriculum or Safety Management preferred or relevant experience in a development, safety, or related fields.
- Three years of experience in Training and Development or EHS
- Must be able to effectively lead teams and demonstrate outstanding leadership skills.
- Exposure to designing and developing learning strategies that drive performance improvement with a strong background in creating blended programs.
- Proven track record of organizing work, problem solving, analytical skills and critical thinking
- Prior experience in warehouse operations preferred
- Experience with Electronic Waste, Hazardous Waste, and environmental hazards.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: SC Ops Training and Safety Sr. Specialist
Location: Reno, NV, United States -
Job ID: 1109325
J.C. Penney Company Inc.