Marketing Communications and Brand Experience Manager
JCPenney is actively seeking a seasoned Marketing Communications & Brand Experience Manager to support our integrated marketing efforts. This role will be responsible for participating in the strategic planning and execution of brand building campaigns and activations. This multifaceted position will focus on increasing brand consideration and other key business objectives by engaging consumers through traditional and innovative campaign tactics, including but not limited to, brand launches, event planning and execution, PR initiatives, talent engagement and cause marketing. The ideal candidate is outgoing, innovative and has a deep understanding of fashion and entertainment media. This position also requires strong organizational and communications skills, strategic thinking, and a passion for the success of the JCPenney brand.
The Marketing Communications & Brand Experience Manager will work cross-functionally and report to the Director of Marketing Communications. S/he will interface with the entire marketing organization and various other teams including, Corporate Communications, Philanthropy, Merchandising, Legal, and Store Operations.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Develops and implements integrated marketing strategies, briefing documents, and campaign messaging for brands and special projects to ensure cross-functional consistency.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders across the company, along with business and agency partners to develop strategic brand campaigns and PR activations that deliver against business goals and drives coverage and exposure of priority programs and products.
- Ensures brand launches, events, and partnerships tell our brand story, reinforce our mission, and drive the business.
- Actively communicates with stakeholders across all levels, providing transparent and continual communication.
- Innovates and integrates cause marketing initiatives within brand campaigns.
- Oversees all elements of assigned projects and programs to ensure exemplary execution and project implementation.
- Sets measurable success metrics, monitors progress against goals, and reports results to leadership, using learnings to influence future activities.
- Serves as primary point of contact for celebrity, business, and agency partners.
- Creates and edits brand messaging and spokesperson talking points.
- Assists with the management of agency partners, supervising and directing their approach while overseeing progress and performance.
- Evaluates and ensures efficient utilization of cross-functional resources.
- Works closely with Corporate Communications to determine press material needs for marketing initiatives including press releases, trend sheets, pitches, and media alerts.
- Has a finger on the pulse of the industry and media landscape and is able to identify innovative earned media driving opportunities for the brand and our key priorities.
- Manages budget forecasting and invoicing.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations or related field preferred
- 5-8 years of related work experience in marketing communications, event management & public relations for a retailer or agency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management and event production experience
- Agency background/or client media experience a plus
- Must be organized, energized, results oriented, articulate and ability to be persuasive and influence others
- Creative and strategic thinker with ability to conceptualize and build integrated marketing plans
- Self-motivated and adaptive to change with the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present work confidently to both colleagues and various levels of management
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to earn trust of multiple groups and teams
- Strong attention to detail with ability to make connections across functional areas and understand dependencies and implications
- Team player with a positive and motivating attitude
- Familiarity of cause marketing programs preferred
- Efficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, i.e.)
- Some travel required
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Marketing Communications and Brand Experience Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109292
J.C. Penney Company Inc.