Customer Care Center Director - Remote
Provide leadership the Columbus, OH Customer Care Center (CCC) team and create an environment where our associates are enabled and motivated to provide customers with outstanding service and add on sales opportunities.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Provide strategic direction and operational leadership for the call center to drive sales and service. Sets expectations to ensure supervisors and managers are providing coaching and create an engaging environment to drive outstanding customer service.
- Directs the development and execution of policies, procedures and operating structure.
- Ensures that the center premises and equipment are well maintained and secure.
- Establishes atmosphere fostering open communication across all levels in the organization-building open door culture for entire team.
- Helps implement product/service standards, analyzes operations, and takes corrective action to achieve optimum levels of customer service and sales consistent with business objectives.
- Drive a culture of continual service improvement, process simplification and accountability across all parts of the organization.
- Actively develop and mentor managers to improve leadership, coaching and delivering results skillsets and best practices
- Maintains working relationship with internal JCP leaders to accomplish CCC goals and ensure HR policies, security standards, technology requirements and maintenance needs are handled for the facility.
- Coordinates with Home Office Customer Care, Network Operations and/or other JCP internal organizations to ensure CCC operational needs are met.
- Communicates with Network Operations on staffing and call volume matters to ensure customer service objectives are met.
What you get:
- Strong background in running operational teams with at least 8-10 years of hands on leadership experience required. Call center experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with driving accountability through solid process definition and metrics that provide transparency to the organization on performance
- Ability to provide sound leadership and strategy/direction to supervisors and managers in the use of the various skills, techniques, and equipment utilized in the assigned functional area(s) to drive sales and service.
- Thorough knowledge of all systems, procedures, techniques, equipment, operations, standards, and reports that apply to the assigned functional area(s).
- 13-15 years of related business experience in implementing processes and programs that create a high performing business. Call center experience strongly preferred.
- College degree or experience managing a business function with equivalent scope of operations.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Customer Care Center Director - Remote
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1109199
J.C. Penney Company Inc.