Senior Counsel - Intellectual Property and OperationsPrimary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Advocates and advises clients about the protection of the Company's Intellectual Property interests, including its extensive trademark portfolio.
- Partner with Trademark Administrator in management of trademark portfolio (international and domestic).
- Assumes primary responsibility for providing legal advice, guidance and recommendations to business partners relating to significant Company activities in the areas of IP (primary focus), technology, and business operations.
- Areas of responsibility will also include advising various business units on issues pertaining to operational and legal compliance matters.
- Negotiates and/or drafts legal documents, including technology contracts
- Advises business partners on a variety of ethics and compliance matters and partners with colleagues in Legal, Audit, HR, and Asset Protection to resolve outstanding ethics issues.
- Has responsibility for overseeing administration and budget of Company's legal ethics and compliance program and ethics hotline.
What you get:
- 8 - 10 years of legal experience in specialized area(s) of practice or its equivalent.
- Degree from a recognized law school and admission to the Bar.
- Technical knowledge and expertise in (i) Intellectual Property - especially trademarks
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Counsel - Intellectual Property and Operations
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109158
J.C. Penney Company Inc.