Director of Risk Management
The Director of Risk Management
is accountable for leading and driving all aspects of high-quality compliance risk assessments. In this role you will build relationships with key executive leadership to develop the company's risk strategy, policy and initiatives. The Director of Risk Management will report into and support the SVP, Principal Accounting Officer and Controller.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Proficient in risk management, including emerging risk identification, data analysis, and effective reporting
- Evaluating various risk transfer opportunities and securing the appropriate level of insurance that matches the company's appetite for risk tolerance
- Develop strategic initiatives for managing and reducing the total cost of risk.
- Manage a team of 3-4 associates or outsourced risk management function to meet needs of company This involves developing the knowledge/skills/abilities of the team to align their workload with the task of reducing the total cost of risk.
- Cultivate overarching strategic goals and targets along with developing cross functional tactics to reduce the exposure to financial loss.
- Analyze and assess information from multiple angles and break down complex information into concepts and data to drive insights and action
- Create and deliver presentations covering complex themes in a clear manner to senior management
- Manage company's insurance policies and premium renewals
- Prepare the Risk Management budget by analyzing departmental needs and expenses. Implement effective budgeting policies to track expenses and future spending requests ensuring they do not exceed budget limits. Identify Risk Management training opportunities and partner with the various stakeholders to develop training materials for the organization.
- Collaborate with Risk Managers from Simon and Brookfield as well as those within the retail industry to share best practices and make recommendations to JCPenney leadership on ways to implement findings within the organization.
What you get:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, economics or related subject required
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in Risk management roles of increasing responsibility and scope
- Deep understanding of and experience in risk management (including emerging risk), data analytics, and project management
- Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills which allow for the ability to think and act strategically
- Committed to JCPenney core values and ethical business conduct.
- Demonstrated success in collaborative leadership and working with executive leaders and internal business partners; ability to navigate and influence across the organization
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director of Risk Management
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109170
J.C. Penney Company Inc.