This job posting is no longer active.
Director Creative Project Management
The Director Creative Project Management
oversees the overarching Project Management strategy necessary to support JCPenney's Creative Team. Oversees the Creative Process and operations and identifies, recommends, and implements industry best practices and continual improvements to efficiency without risking creativity. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of the creative process and operations that will result in a continually consistent and seamless workflow of creative outputs.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Directs and leads the implementation and long-term execution of WorkFront initially for Creative Team and later for additional departments within the marketing organization.
- Responsible for co-managing relationships and communication with functional related departments interacting with Creative.
- Drives change management throughout the Producer Hub by identifying best practices and managing ongoing restructuring of internal processes. Facilitates change implementation and helps teams navigate through new workflows.
- Champions the creative and marketing process and challenges assumptions among senior leadership, peers, and project teams with positivity to continuously improve the creative and marketing process.
- Reports on project activities, problems and requirements to senior management as a strategic tool in keeping the team, experts and working groups informed and focused on goals and objectives.
- Establishes project processes and success criteria as well as identifies/manages project risks and develops contingency plans.
- Creates and utilizes methodologies and project management tools to track implementation plans, report on activity and communicate to team and external partners.
- Supervises and mentors direct reports as assigned. Manages staff by providing direction and coaching/mentoring as required. Holds team accountable for innovation, adherence to process and driving change.
- Develops performance evaluations and conducts reviews with employees. Identifies staff development needs and ensures appropriate training and development. High level of collaboration required with Creative Leads and Sr Creative Director
- Acts as key gatekeeper to all Creative Project Requests and solves for work capacity problems. Leads team to document decisions and decision logic for each project.
- Collaborates with the Sr Director Creative Services and Marketing Process Director to develop an overall context and framework for the ways in which the marketing department should be managing projects, managing/reviewing project portfolio, communicating with various stakeholders and the methods and technologies to be deployed.
- Collaborates in decision-making about strategic direction of projects.
What you get:
- Minimum of 10 years of creative advertising or marketing project management experience, preferably in retail industry environment. Agency background a plus.
- PMP Certification desired, but not required. 5 years of management experience required in order to select, train, manage and develop the project management staff.
- Must be an effective relationship builder to establish credibility and form business partnerships with internal partners and effectively lead resources to bring new processes and operations to fruition.
- Must be influential and able to convince partners of the value of Agile work streams. Must be willing to work well under pressure while maintaining a positive, solution-based attitude.
- Operate as a team player who initiates collaboration and activates solutions.
- Strong communication skills to provide direct and candid input to peers and leaders with the ability to maintain focus on strategic objectives, key facts, and the agreed upon decision making process. Understands the value of constructive debate and is capable of guiding strategic discussions to actions and decisions.
- Requires a proven track record of demonstrated strategic leadership and big picture thinking with a proven ability to successfully execute all phases of the project management life cycles: concept, development, product launches. Must have focus, commitment and drive to execute plans but be able to work with ambiguous direction under tight timelines.
- Must be flexible and understand implications of changes to project deadlines and resources at a strategic level.
- Must have a strong, assertive personality balanced with a respect for others; must be able to communicate recommendations in a manner that will drive results.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in a variety of business development concepts, practices and procedures and the ability to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must be able to build presentations or visual communications in order to provide a plan or strategy to leadership and cross functional teams.
- Requires someone quick on their feet to solve problems in order to maintain the highest levels of efficiency.
- Must understand what talent and time it takes to create breakthrough creative work and be willing to navigate multiple creative work styles.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director Creative Project Management
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109106
J.C. Penney Company Inc.