Director of Product - Identity & Customer (Intelligence layer)
The Director of Product Management
is responsible for delivering a portfolio of customer-facing products on and supporting JCPenney.com core product team of Identity and intelligence. You will support the VP Product Management in the development of product strategy and prioritization of the product roadmap. The Director of Product will own high level business reviews; development of product/portfolio strategy and present to JCPenney leadership. The Director of Product Management owns definition and delivery of cross-functional initiatives with the Marketing, Digital, identity, Engineering, Data science counterparts and finance with accountability to financial results They must maintain a strong relationship to Technology and Business Operations to act as part of the JCPenney customer experience leadership team. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Cross functionally work with Marketing, Digital, identity, Engineering, Data science counterparts to lead and grow a core product team of Identity and intelligence
- Own and drive roadmap with clear views of outcomes and business benefits
- Partner with Engineering on the what and the how working with that team to determine path towards delivery(build Vs buy) and prioritize
- Guide and lead the teams through OKR driven product teams
- Manage team of Product Managers and Product Analysts for a defined product portfolio including individual performance management as well as management of business results.
- Foster individual and team development to improve the product practice for JCPenney.com
- Ability develop team culture and deepen leadership experience for members of the Product Organization
- Manage performance of direct reports and ensure the quality of the teams products meets JCPenney standards
- Build cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders critical to the delivery of the product portfolio
- Prioritize portfolio investment to maximize benefit/return to customers/company based on JCPenney strategy.
- Lead development of cross-product strategy and capability roadmap with other Product & IT teams.
- Define business benefits feature sets, as well as conduct product research to develop product strategy.
- Complete opportunity assessments in a quick-to-market agile environment. Including, but not limited to: synthesizing high level business requirements, identifying required capabilities and calling out areas of uncertainty and recommending solutions
- Support cross-product prioritization with multiple Product Managers and peer Technology teams.
- Monitor product for all defined KPI's to ensure best in class customer experience as part of daily responsibilities
- Monitor industry trends and identify opportunities to improve existing customer facing products.
- Summarize and communicate business results for the product portfolio leveraging analytics & sales data, customer survey and other feedback with accountability for business results.
- Partner with Site Operations and support teams to triage and prioritize critical product issues.
- Work across teams and projects to synchronize and manage roadmaps.
- Sign off on Product Quality for Feature Releases.
- Proactively identify issues and partner with Site Operations/Support and peer Agile teams to provide timely resolutions
- Supports operational readiness tasks by performs product demos & presenting training to stakeholders
- Negotiate and resolve problems and escalate as required
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness of product methodology and product scope across teams
- Ensure the jcp.com customer experience and functionality is optimized
What you get:
- 10+ Years of experience with 4+ years of Product leadership across customer and customer segmentation, identity, intelligence layers
- Working with Data science team is a must
- Passion for working in a fast pace agile digital environment is a must!
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of Web Analytics, engagement KPI's and a mature understanding of how to build business cases, measure benefits and communicate results to Sr. Leadership.
- Superior relationship building with cross-functional teams to deliver results through excellent partnership, communication and negotiating skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams, communicate effectively, adjust priorities based on business results, and work in a continuously changing environment to meet critical deadlines
- Highly motivated to be develop teams and manage ongoing performance of direct reports.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director of Product Identity & Customer (Intelligence layer)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109077
J.C. Penney Company Inc.