This job posting is no longer active.
Associate Creative Director, Store Visuals
The Associate Creative Director, Store Visuals
leads the In-Store Visual Creative Department as a part of the Creative Marketing Department. Oversees strategy, concept and execution of in-store visual graphics and POP displays. Collaborates with Visual Merchandising, Store Design and to ensure cohesive brand expression across in-store visuals. Has extensive experience leading a team, delivering creative concepts and solutions to support merchandising needs and in-store marketing initiatives, deep understanding of branding, print design and photo art direction.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Oversees design concepts for divisional, seasonal and storewide graphics and 3D displays. Guides the conversion of these ideas into effective retail advertising design to promote immediate sales and achieve the Company's fashion/brand image goals.
- Leads a team of Sr. Art directors and Art Directors.
- Partners with other Team leads in Brand, Digital, Direct Mail and Photography to ensure consistent customer experiences
- Responsible for the creation of new visual campaigns or shop designs.
- Collaborates with Photography/Creative Operations/Visual Merchandising teams to ensure coordination of appropriate merchandise for creative advertising pieces.
- Maintains brand standards and upholds creative excellence expectations.
- Provides direction to and follow-up on various stages of visual procedures with production, photoshoots, designers, Visual Merchandising Managers and print vendors; all to achieve the best product possible within established budget guidelines.
- May occasionally direct photography if needed.
What you get:
- Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising or 10+ years of Art Direction in retail or fashion apparel preferred; print experience required.
- Understanding of how to design in a 3D space is preferred. Digital design, animation and video knowledge a plus.
- Significant experience in layout for related media with proven management skills and preferably with experience directing, training and guiding other art directors/designers.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, sense of style, ability to portray a high taste level in all communication arts. Knowledge of printing/3D display fabrication is preferred.
- Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity, ability to multi-task, solve problems and strong visualization skills. Must be able to read basic floor plans and fixture drawings.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a growth mindset and a service oriented attitude.
- Proven record of advanced presentation and communication skills to upper management.
- Advanced typography design skills required.
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration and other MAC based applications and design programs. Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Associate Creative Director, Store Visuals
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109048
J.C. Penney Company Inc.