Product Marketing Senior Specialist
The Product Marketing Senior Specialist
is responsible for supporting the Divisional Marketing Manager by providing coordination support and is a key point of contact for the Merchant Teams/Buying, Creative and eCommerce teams. The Product Marketing Specialist performs tactical and oversight functions related to planning, coordinating, proofing and executing all product related marketing for the given area of assignment. This position is a flex position participating across product categories supporting multiple product lines, brands and categories. Position reports to Sr. Marketing Manager.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Manages sample process from concept through execution to support all print, digital and broadcast needs. Works directly with the marketing, merchant, copy, sample and styling team to organize, tag and process samples to be shipped out for photography; ensures all data is complete and accurate for marketing/advertising photography production.
- Supports the preparation and proofing of marketing plans, materials, data, and recaps for weekly advertising projects. Responsible for tracking all marketing records from project start to completion of project.
- Builds, submits and updates information for the content management system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and providing recaps of advertising, pricing and promotional activity throughout the year to support future business planning.
- Monitors competitive activity and pricing. Reviews analysis findings with Sr. Specialist or Marketing Manager.
- Serves a point a contact for the marketing team and interacts and communicates daily with cross-functional team members.
- Collects and distributes final marketing material to Merchant Teams each week.
What you get:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Marketing or Retail Merchandising and one or more of the following: advanced degree, retail internship(s) or 2-4 years marketing or merchandise experience.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships cross functionally without direct reporting responsibility.
- Self-starter who takes initiative. Flexible with change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other standard office equipment for recording, storing, analyzing, retrieving, and presenting information.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Product Marketing Senior Specialist - Home
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1109052
J.C. Penney Company Inc.