As the Asset Protection Manager you will lead Asset Protection activities for your assigned Store in accordance with company policies and procedures, in order to drivePrimary Responsibilities:
- Team Development
- Actively walks the floor and coaches in the moment to enhance each associate's ability to develop
- Frequently conducts developmental conversations with direct reports and maintains notes on observations of strengths and opportunities
- Interviews and hires Asset Protection talent for the store
- Coaches associates and advises Store/District Leadership Teams when opportunities are noted
- Shrinkage and Safety
- Tailors company Asset Protection direction to their particular store and creates new ways to educate and motivate store teams to focus on shrinkage reduction and safety
- Coaches store associates on keeping work areas and sales floor free of hazards to protect customers and associates from accidents
- Regularly analyzes and reviews incident trends to advise store leadership of action steps that can be used to prevent future incidents
- Merchandise Protection
- Periodically audits departments for merchandise protection standard adherence
- Walks the sales floor to identify merchandise protection opportunities that deviate from company standards
- Court Hearings
- Attends hearings as required and updates appropriate files with court-related outcomes
- Maintains relationship with local law enforcement
- Internal & ORC Investigations
- Proactively identifies potential acts of theft and fraud by observing associate and customer activity and reviewing exception reports and ISS referrals
- Aggressively investigates suspicious behavior (collects intelligence, documents behavior, installs cameras, etc.)
- Interviews associates suspected of theft or fraud in accordance with company policies and properly documents all stages
- Reviews and ensures all AP documentation is complete, accurate and is maintained to the policies of the company
- Communicates MI photo alerts to associates and partners with other locations/retailers to identify ORC groups and patterns
- Takes direction from District Asset Protection Manager and/or Market Investigator to gather evidence on ORC and external fraud
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Performance Standards
- Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) shrinkage, product and service sales, customer service, productivity and attendance
What you get:
- Work Experience - 3-5 years relevant experience, ideally in a big-box retailer or in multi-unit specialty retail
- Education - Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results; provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Develops Talent - Builds a diverse and high performing team; provides feedback and stretch assignments to foster growth; empowers the team to make critical decisions; rewards and recognizes efforts and frequently discusses future opportunities and development plans.
- Practices Candor - An approachable and unguarded leader that shares honest and constructive feedback with team; sincere with communication.
- Organization/Time Management - Plans and structures work; prioritizes tasks based on impact to sales, profit or customer experience; executes tasks in an efficient manner.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Asset Protection Manager
Location: Friendswood, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108992
J.C. Penney Company Inc.