The Supply Chain Leadership Internship spans 10 weeks the summer following your junior year and takes place in one of our many supply chain facilities across the nation. You will receive broad exposure to JCPenney operational training, job shadowing, leadership development and much more. You will gain the knowledge needed to lead an hourly team and influence the entire JCPenney supply chain network to do fast-paced work required to run our supply chain facilities as safely, efficiently, and most profitably as possible. You will have on-the-job structured experiences in each department while shadowing Field Supply Chain Leaders and learning about the state-of-the-art operations, develop your leadership capabilities by co-supervising in an assigned department and receive mentoring and leadership development to support your growth.
Think you’re a fit?
• Current college junior (intern).
• Bachelor’s degree (trainee).
• Major in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering, Operations or Business Administration.
• A cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher.
• Open to relocation for your first leadership assignment.
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• The ability to change directions quickly if need be.
• Able to thrive in a team environment.
What’s in it for you?
• Personal and professional development.
• Meaningful real-world work experience.
• Exposure to senior leadership and strategic business activities and decisions.
• Coaching and feedback from an assigned mentor.
• Possibility of a full time trainee position upon graduation (intern).
• Possibility of full time leadership position in one of our facilities upon successful completion of the program (trainee).
J.C. Penney Company Inc.