Senior Technical Designer - Men's Tailored Clothing
The Senior Technical Designer
manages the technical design process and provides technical expertise to evaluate apparel merchandise in terms of style, measurement and construction to achieve the appropriate fit, quality and design interpretation for the manufacturer to follow.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Manages garment evaluation process to ensure the provision of technical design assistance with master pattern and size grading as needed.
- Collaborate with Design and Product Development teams to determine fit and aesthetics.
- Complete product packages in FlexPLM, including measurements, construction details and technical sketches.
- Establish and maintain fit and construction standards to ensure brand consistency and quality.
- Prepare and lead fit sessions with Design and Product Development, discuss fit history when presenting current fit and recommend alternative methods of construction or options for components when necessary.
- Resolve and communicate fit and construction issues to International Buying Offices and factories within the development and production timelines.
- Daily communication and follow through with IBO, vendors, and all cross-functional partners.
- Enhance fit and quality through review of customer comments, competitive analysis, and conducting fit symposiums.
What you get:
- College degree in fine arts or design, or equivalent work experience in a design related field preferred.
- 8+ years of technical design experience required.
- Knowledge of garment construction, patternmaking and manufacturing process.
- A trained eye for proportion, balance and aesthetic details.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates confidence and assertiveness in fit presentation.
- Ability to self-manage, works independently, multitask, and consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with an acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proactive on problem solving and resolution oriented.
- Proficiency in: Flex PLM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Web PDM, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Technical Designer - Men's Tailored Clothing
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108961
J.C. Penney Company Inc.