Pre-Production Specialist - Intimate Apparel
The Pre-Production Specialist
executes the production process, including tracking the production calendar and ensuring on-time product delivery. This team member manages logistics and tracking for all sample fabric, raw materials and garment samples while also keeping all team members up-to-date on the product status. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Supports Design to ensure products are executed with design specifications.
- Supports Raw Materials team to allocate sample yardage, raw materials and trims needed for samples, testing and production.
- Assists in the approval process and timeline to ensure accuracy and avoid delivery impact.
- Executes the requesting and tracking of product samples including prototypes, technical fit, line review samples, etc.
- Continuously communicate to all team members on production updates, approvals & issues.
- Supports Sourcing, IBO and Product Integrity teams for challenges and issues while maintaining JCPenney standards.
- Inputs data into systems and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the information.
What you get:
- 4-year College degree preferred.
- 2+ years (post-graduation) related experience in pre-production, product development, and/or merchandising
- Excellent organizational, communication and decision-making skills
- High sense of urgency and initiative
- Proven experience building working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Flex PLM experience is highly preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Pre-Production Specialist - Intimate Apparel
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108740
J.C. Penney Company Inc.