We are looking for an Business Analyst -Engineer 2, Technology | Enterprise Fulfillment to help assess and deliver key initiatives in the Inventory and Sourcing space.
Based in our Technology organization, this role involves working directly with the Technology Team, Technical Architects, Business Partners, Vendors, and Leadership to help drive and implement critical initiatives in the Enterprise Fulfillment area. You will work to develop a deep understanding of processes and technologies involved in the Enterprise Fulfillment operations including Sourcing, Inventory and others with the goal of becoming a SME within the portfolio. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Lead use case creation, scope management, process improvement, service management, stakeholder analysis, requirement gathering and/or test case creation for medium to large size projects/programs through all phases of the SDLC in order to achieve goals.
- Expert and point-of-contact in core business/domain/user capabilities, processes, services, functions and applications for the assigned portfolio/domain.
- Drive portfolio ownership by working with users to understand strategies and operations in order to develop technology capability roadmaps that are aligned with business/domain roadmaps.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of techniques and tools for one or many of the following: use case modeling, data modeling, E2E business process modeling, process mapping, E2E business scenarios.
- Provides coaching to junior staff.
- Ability to lead medium tasks/projects/efforts with medium scope and complexity and heavy collaboration with cross-functional teams, both business and IT.
- Ability to evaluate and offer innovative solutions.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Drives portfolio ownership and management of tasks.
- SME and point of contact in areas of expertise, demonstrating breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Gathers and writes detailed requirements for initiatives and communicates them to the Technology team for design and build process.
What you get:
- 5+ years' experience
- Bachelor's degree in technology or related field
- Experience in working in Scrum teams
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Retail experience is a plus
- Blue Yonder Sourcing/Inventory experience is a plus
- Machine Learning experience is a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108515
J.C. Penney Company Inc.