This job posting is no longer active.
Business Analyst – Planning & Allocation
The Business Analyst is esponsible for the allocation of merchandise at the sku level across all stores, ensuring presentation standards by store are met based on Buyer’s intent and allocation objectives. Partner with merchandising organization to drive size strategy and execution. Collaborate with (sr.) Planning Manager and merchandising organization to review / challenge assortment flow plan.
- Allocate merchandise at sku level based on the Buyer intent and allocation objectives.
- Accountable for ensuring stores and eCommerce platform are at optimal inventory levels and presentation standards are met to drive sales, in-stocks, and service customers
- Develop product knowledge to be store level expert in regards to product needs and opportunities.
- Responsible for presenting needs to the Business Unit in determining the best strategy to maximize opportunity
- Collaborate with (sr.) Planning Manager and merchandising organization to review / challenge assortment flow plan and ensure sufficient quantities are purchased to support the assortment plan
- Perform pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis to uncover opportunities and risks
- Develop recommendations for in-season changes and pre-season assortment plans to ensure maximization of objectives
- Monitors JCPenney warehouse inventory and flow and recommends appropriate actions to the MAT in order to maximize business objectives
- Partner with merchant organization on size strategy execution providing analysis, depth needs, range recommendations, and pack configuration
- Develop / implement strategies to create vendor pre-packs based on pack configuration analysis; identify opportunities to add new sizes and / or liabilities to omit sizes from assortment
- Prepare weekly / monthly review of item sales and inventory results; coordinate subsequent re-forecasting estimates with the (sr.) Planning Manager to review with the MAT
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in business, planning, allocation, and/or merchandising
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to drive retail profitability and inventory productivity
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business
- Exhibit high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to successfully collaborate with internal and external partners
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Business Analyst - Women's Active
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108297
J.C. Penney Company Inc.