This job posting is no longer active.
Sourcing Sr. Specialist – Procurement & Strategic Sourcing
The Sourcing Sr. Specialist will support and assist Sourcing Sr. Manager with developing and executing sourcing strategies of assigned client groups and service spend in support of Procurement’s strategic initiatives.
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies for assigned client groups.
- Executes a disciplined strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, innovation, quality and service
- Interfaces successfully with the company’s various business units and departments to ensure collaborative, timely and effective approaches to sourcing events and project implementations
- Negotiates preferable costs and contract terms on behalf of internal stakeholders and in the best interest of the JCPenney
- Identifies cost reduction initiatives through data analysis and strategic collaboration with business and finance stakeholders
- Implements supplier management techniques to drive increased value and foster innovation.
- Assesses current and future market trends and prepares price forecasts for the business.
- Develops supplier risk mitigation strategies
- Identifies and implements process improvements in assigned categories
- Develops total cost of ownership (TCO) financial models, derive outcomes, and presents results in executive summaries
- Ability to present negotiation results to internal stakeholders and influence decisions related to procurement activities
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years related purchasing / buying / sourcing industry experience.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills and maintain attention to detail to ensure successful project execution
- Be able to perform in a demanding environment while juggling multiple competing priorities
- Strong negotiation skills, the ability to gather and analyze data, assess risks / gaps and make recommendations
- Must be proficient with MS Office products; specifically, Word, Excel and Visio
- Responsible for driving results on projects, implementing change and reporting progress to leadership
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves.
For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sourcing Senior Specialist, Procurement
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108202
J.C. Penney Company Inc.