This job posting is no longer active.
Buyer - Men's ApparelJCPenney Company, Inc.
plans, purchases, communicates and controls merchandising, pricing and marketing strategies for assigned lines of business as required; while maximizing sales & profits and increase market share for JCPenney Stores and JCP.com Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Develops a competitive merchandise assortment plan that is customer focused and monitors and adjusts sales plan by staying abreast of fashion/industry trends and competition
- Builds strong product assortment with suppliers, negotiates pricing and inventory in assigned categories
- Evaluate suppliers on new and existing products, including but not limited to quality, pricing, shipping time, customer demand and return on investment
- Manage the selection and bidding process of new and existing suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Integrates brand, sourcing, marketing and retail supply chain functions into the merchandising process to make business decisions
- Attends trade shows and conferences to research new industry trends and products
- Identifies items to maximize promotional and marketing strategies and determines lifecycle of each item. Provides input in creating the exit strategy and inventory aging standards.
- Trains, coaches and develops Assistant and Associate Buyers
- Ability to recognize, analyze and quantify market trends
What you get:
- College degree or equivalent business experience
- 4-6+ years merchandising experience; preferably with a large organization in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge of buying and operations gained through progressive buying experience
- Assortment optimization and Business Planning
- Supplier and Price Management
- Strong Decision Making ability and Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrates Courage/Conviction
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page
Job Title: Buyer - Men's Apparel
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108216
J.C. Penney Company Inc.