This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Legal Analyst, Litigation
The Senior Legal Analyst works under the supervision of an attorney, performs all legal assistance and/or paralegal functions related to litigation and handles certain responsibilities in which the analyst exercises discretion and independent non-legal judgment with respect to matters of significance related to litigation.
- Gathers documents and other factual information relative to legal issues from various Company departments, providing general assistance to attorneys.
- Drafts settlements, legal hold notices, discovery responses, responses to subpoena requests, and other legal documents.
- Prepares court and other administrative agency filings, tracks status and follows through on assigned matters or projects, reviews documents for production for attorney-client privilege, and gathers information and documents in response to discovery and/or subpoenas.
- Handles general inquiries relating to matter status and/or acts in a liaison relationship within the organization to facilitate efficient workflow in legal matters or projects, and may undertake basic legal work and prepare reports.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all aspects of the legal department’s work and its context in the organization as a whole.
- Manages subpoenas and cases filed in small claims courts.
- Serves as a legal point-of-contact with Customer Care team and store associates.
- Responsible for preparing, issuing and tracking legal holds and preparing regular reports of asserted claims for management’s review.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree or comparable paralegal experience and/or paralegal certificate from ABA accredited paralegal program is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in a comparable law department environment or law firm with similar legal practice areas, including substantive litigation experience.
- Proficiency in legal research, legal writing, effective communication, multi-tasking and summary reporting; knowledge of litigation; attention to detail; resourcefulness; use of collaborative solutions in handling issues or tasks; and versatility in dealing with legal staff and handling assignments.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required; experience with iManage and Exterro preferred.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Legal Analyst, Litigation
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108233
J.C. Penney Company Inc.