The Senior Manager, Email Marketing will lead the development, execution and management of email programs for the JCPenney customer base. The position is responsible for the strategy and execution of one of our largest marketing channels with focus on campaigns that drive customer engagement, retention, loyalty and brand advocacy. The position will report to the Director, Owned Media.
- Define and develop email strategy with content, relevancy, smart segmentation and personalization to drive awareness, improve engagement, and grow pipeline.
- Own and manage email campaigns end to end from development, execution, analysis, and reporting
- Works cross functionally to ensure that enterprise objectives are met while delivering customer-first messaging.
- Executes email strategies and ensures full alignment across digital and direct channels.
- Leverage data to prioritize initiatives, including building projections and working with analysts to ensure accurate measurement and evaluation of efforts
- Monitor the marketplace to keep ahead on best practices, best-in-class vendor opportunities and strategies of our competitors and other leading marketers
- Lead and design story telling email framework to support marketing/business promotions and products.
- Serves as a liaison on behalf of the email team and fosters strong relationships with site merchants, creative, coding, e-commerce and IT (along with other marketing departments) to ensure consensus and seamless partnerships throughout email campaign development and execution.
Core Capabilities & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing.
- 6+ years of Customer Relationship Marketing, Email Marketing, or Ecommerce experience. Retail category experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills
- Work well in a responsive business environment
- Subject matter expert on the implementation of data-driven dynamic and personalized content within email
- Knowledge of data selection and the ability to synthesize and analyze data to identify trends and marketing opportunities.
- Enterprise-level email strategy experience; must have experience developing, cordinating and managing strategic email and marketing testing plan
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and drive decision making process.
- Leadership experience with the ability to mentor, coach and develop direct reports.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Email Marketing Senior Manager - Marketing
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108209
J.C. Penney Company Inc.