This job posting is no longer active.
The Sr. Specialist, Asset Protection Environmental & Safety
will support and assist the Corporate Environmental and Safety Manager with day-to-day Hazardous Waste, Safety and Shrinkage responsibilities in specific facilities. This position will be primarily responsible for leading, coaching, training, and coordinating all Hazardous Waste efforts. In addition, will ensure compliance with governmental safety regulations as well as shrinkage goal achievement. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Audits the Hazardous Waste requirements including program adherence, conducts Hazardous Waste/OSHA/EHS/shrinkage inspections, and provides training a minimum of 50%+ of time is dedicated to these activities which will be performed by traveling to individual stores/facilities, reviewing and providing guidance of weekly/monthly results of inspections and shrinkage. Assist in compiling weekly/monthly Safety/Hazardous Waste reporting for all facilities.
- Lead stores/facilities to achieve local, state and Company hazardous waste requirements and shrinkage goals by reviewing weekly/monthly resuls and progress and follow up on actions with opportunity units.
- Identify individual store/facility Hazardous Waste/OSHA/EHS/shrinkage opportunities by assisting stores/facilities in the creation of action plans.
- Facilitate facility training of Haz Waste/OSHA/EHS/shrinkage to improve inspection/training results to plan.
- Coordinate/attend compactor/dumpster hazardous waste audits to ensure all audits are completed successfully each fiscal year.
- Influence and provide direction and work closely with district teams (General Managers, District Managers, District Asset Protection Managers, Asset Protection Managers, SSC Leadership) for corrective/follow up. Partners with AP Operations, District Operations/HR & Supply Chain regarding safety and compliance issues and concerns within the state/local laws.
What you get:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to formally communicate with both internal and external parties, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Experience with influencing/coaching/training associates who are not direct reports.
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail.
- 80% travel - physically able to drive to a large number of JCP facilites and conduct store/facility inspections and training as well as attend landfill/transfer station compactor audits. Travel weekly.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, .ppt
- Preferred certification as Specialist Environmental Regulations (SER) and/or Environmental Regulatory Professional (ERP), but not required
- 2+ years experience in safety and compliance or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's degree from nationally recognized institution is preferred; High School or equivalent is required
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Environmental & Safety Auditor - California
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108206
J.C. Penney Company Inc.