This job posting is no longer active.
Title – Senior Endpoint Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior POS Endpoint Engineer to be a part of our Endpoint Engineering team. This role is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining JCPenney’s POS Register platform. You will serve a fundamental role in designing and implementing solutions to complex Endpoint challenges. You will also be instrumental in defining the next generation of the POS checkout hardware and shaping the new JCPenney customer checkout experience.
- Prepare, test, document, release, and update OS and software applications
- Create and maintain standard POS register configurations and automated software packages to ensure the systems can be supported and patched remotely
- Maintain and document POS configuration standards that support organizational security policies and create technical and standard operating procedure documentation
- Work with the various business partners including QA, PMO, Development, Network, Security, etc. to ensure solutions align with the platform roadmap and architecture
- Troubleshoot complex application and hardware issues; act as final escalation point to IT Service Delivery, including documentation, analysis, and resolution of escalated issues, providing high-quality solutions to IT problems quickly
- Manage the POS Register testing environment for evaluating hardware, operating systems, hosted applications, service packs and patches, security configurations, and image deployment. Work with team members to schedule and report upon the execution of testing and validation efforts as part of a formal release management process
- Latitude to develop unique projects in which you get to research new technology, solve more complex problems, perform POCs and work with senior leadership to gather potential ROI to support purchase approval
- Work with vendors to understand new solutions’ limitations and capabilities
- Keep ahead of emerging trends, understand business area opportunities and challenges, process or system impacts to all related business or systems areas when implementing recommended solutions to achieve business objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience for systems design, high quality coding and integration
- Fluent in various scripting languages including Batch and Powershell
- Operating System Knowledge: Windows Server 2012 or later, Windows 10
- Demonstrated experience for infrastructure engineering components (eg. OS, networks, device management, active directory, SCCM, etc.)
- Good understanding of PCI compliance and PII security
- Understanding of ITIL, SDLC and agile methodologies
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical retail environment working in store technologies or comparable teams
- Demonstrated experience of POS and Payments technologies (Toshiba, NCR or similar systems)
- Demonstrated experience integrating various POS peripherals including Receipt Printers, Scanners, Touchscreens, and payment devices
- DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Git, SVN
- Familiar with current security protection, encryption, monitoring/auditing, and remediation techniques with the proven ability to implement solutions for the network, servers, and endpoints
- Familiar with disaster recovery, business continuity, and high availability concepts from planning to testing
- Ability to learn quickly and use new complex technical concepts and resolve issues in a rapidly changing environment
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior Endpoint Engineer
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108205
J.C. Penney Company Inc.