Vice President, Customer Care
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Stores, the Vice President Customer Care is responsible to develop and drive the Company’s overall Contact Center strategy. The VP Customer Care is responsible for evaluating and managing systems to improve customer service in our contact centers and the overall customer’s experience. Utilizing industry best practices, develops operational processes and training to optimize the customer experience. Works in partnership with senior leaders to solve customer problems and create long-term customer retention plans.
- Establish strategic direction and operational leadership for all Contact Center operations, both domestic and off/near shore, to deliver best in class service experience to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Evaluates organizational structure, utilization of 3rd party vendors, and systems infrastructure to deliver an exceptional internal and external customer experience. Develops effective customer engagement across voice, chat, email, and social channels.
- Establishes metrics for defining the relationship with the customer and partners with senior leadership to identify customer problems and create long-term customer retention plans.
- Drives meaningful change in the organization enhancing customer experience through customer insights and analytics
- Negotiates and builds appropriate 3rd party vendor relationships ensuring service level agreements are met while maintaining proper controls to protect customer and company data.
- Establishes industry best practices and benchmark metrics to measure effectiveness of domestic and off/near shore operations and develops plans to address opportunities.
- Accountable for divisions financial performance
- Drives a culture of continual service improvement, process simplification and accountability across all parts of the organization.
- Develops a high performing customer-centric team focused on delivering results and developing people
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
- 12+ years experience Customer Service/Contact Center executive leadership
- 10+ years of related business experience in implementing processes and programs that create a high performing business.
- Experience managing off-shore staff and developing strong partnerships with near/off shore 3rd party vendors.
- Proven ability to Drives Results, Think Critically, Prioritizes Customers, Demonstrates Leadership, Takes Accountability, Embrases Growth Mindset.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, influence and persuasion, and leadership skills to foster professional business relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business management or related field
- Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
What you get
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Vice President, Customer Care
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108153
J.C. Penney Company Inc.