The Email Marketing Manager will lead the development, execution and management of promotional and automation email programs for the JCPenney customer base. This position is responsible for the development and execution of one of our largest marketing channels with focus on campaigns that drive revenue, customer engagement, retention, loyalty and brand advocacy.
- Leads the day to day management of 5 person Email Marketing Team focused primarily on development and execution of email campaigns; directs the work based on campaign type and complexity.
- Supports team through leading and executing day-to-day email campaign set up.
- Works cross functionally to ensure that enterprise objectives are met while delivering customer-first messaging.
- Oversees the development and execution of promotional campaigns and personalization through nurture/ automation lifecycle programs.
- Partners with CRM team to determine email audience targets based on customer attributes.
- Works with the Sr. Manager of Strategy and Planning to identify ways to improve program performance and designs; implements testing strategies to understand customer behavior including deeper understanding of device usage, creative messaging preferences, and engagement drivers.
- Works with the analytics team to interpret test results and determine future strategy.
- Serves as a liaison on behalf of the email team and fosters strong relationships with site merchants, creative, coding, e-commerce teams, and IT (along with other marketing departments) to ensure consensus and seamless partnerships throughout email campaign development and execution.
- Manages the relationship between JCPenney and the ESP.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business.
- 5-7 years of Email Marketing. Retail category experience preferred.
- Must have expertise working inside a self-service email tool. Oracle Responsys EMD/Sales Force Marketing Cloud preferred. Other ESP experience will be considered.
- Experience working with email tools within vendors like Movable Ink, Email on Acid, etc.
- Working knowledge of html, ampscript, RPL or other coding languages.
- Subject matter expert on the implementation of data-driven dynamic and personalized content within email.
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and deliverability best practices.
- Leadership experience with the ability to mentor, coach and develop direct reports.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to clearly articulate and implement a focused plan.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and drive decision making process.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable leveraging analytics to make strategic business decisions on how to iterate and improve the email program.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Email Marketing Manager
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108071
J.C. Penney Company Inc.