Procurement Sourcing Manager – Store Environment & Supplies
JCPenney Procurement is seeking a Procurement Sourcing Manager, Store Environment & Supplies to assist the Sourcing Sr. Manager in the strategic sourcing of Store Environment, Retail Operations, and capital initiatives including store fixtures, visual elements, printed graphics, and store supplies. You will work within Procurement to champion improved processes with lower expense and decreased risk to the business.
- Lead, develop, and execute sourcing strategies to support the execution of JCPenney Store Environment, Retail Operations, and capital initiatives
- Provide guidance and leadership to the sourcing team to enable successful execution of project and category management strategies
- Execute a disciplined strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, innovation, quality and service
- Ensure on-time delivery and successful execution of corporate merchandise initiatives.
- Interface successfully with the company’s various business units and departments to ensure collaborative, timely and effective approaches to sourcing events and project implementations
- Negotiate preferable costs and contract terms on behalf of internal stakeholders in the best interest of JCPenney with suppliers
- Identify cost reduction initiatives through data analysis and strategic collaboration with business and finance stakeholders
- Implement supplier management techniques to drive increased value and foster innovation
- Assess current and future market trends, and prepares price forecasts for the business
- Develop supplier risk mitigation strategies
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Develop total cost of ownership (TCO) financial models, derive outcomes, and present results in executive summaries
- Present project outcomes to internal decision makers to facilitate positive outcomes related to procurement activities
- Drive results on projects, implementing change and reporting progress to leadership
- Ability to be both proactive in thought while being reactive in response to unforeseen situations
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years relating purchasing/buying/ sourcing industry experience
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and maintain attention to detail to ensure successful project execution
- Be able to perform in a demanding environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Strong contract negotiation skills, the ability to gather and analyze data, assess risks / gaps and make recommendations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office365. Understanding of Oracle ERP applications a plus
- CPM/ CPSM certified is a plus
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves.
For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sourcing Manager Procurement Fixtures Graphics & Supplies
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108082
J.C. Penney Company Inc.