This job posting is no longer active.
The Executive Assistant/HR Project Specialist will support and assist the Chief Human Resources Officer and will be responsible for partnering with the CHRO in executing and driving the long-term people strategy at JCPenney.
- Act as a proxy/extension of the CHRO and others on the exec team to speed execution of the most critical projects internally and externally.
- Strategic partner to the CHRO in defining team vision, strategy, and goals. Coordinate, build, maintain, and operationalize operating plans and budgets in partnership with the HR Leadership Team.
- Assist in measuring performance across Programs teamwork, and proactively troubleshoot when concerns arise.
- Serves as the primary partner in managing travel, events, on-site logistics, and coordination of meetings for the leadership and support teams.
- Serves as a daily resource for internal Associates, guiding them through questions regarding the company; maintains an in-depth knowledge of resources within the business units and directs parties to those resources as appropriate.
- Prepares, maintains, and updates data, reports, and records required by management utilizing Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Collaborating with the HR Leadership team to determine and prioritize business strategies
- Managing the Chief Executive’s schedule, scheduling meetings, and planning travel.
- Planning, coordinating, and keeping contents of a meeting focused.
- Own and execute on high-coordination, high-importance projects across the business.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 5 years experience as a corporate executive assistant or in a support role; previous experience working in merchandising, retail, or for a consumer products company preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and strong awareness of ramifications when speaking to highly visible partners and vendors internally and externally. Strong-diplomatic skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; shows an ability to influence multiple audiences through their written communication.
- Accuracy, strong attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills, multi-tasking high volume work requests, and being able to re-prioritize on the fly while possessing strong flexibility and adaptability.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience building presentation decks.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Executive Staff Assistant
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108049
J.C. Penney Company Inc.