The Manager, ABG Partnerships will support and assist the Director, Partnerships with identifying and executing the launch of ABG brands within the JCPenney landscape and support the partnership with ABG as a liason.
- Overall support of ABG brand partnerships that will be merchandised and marketed at JCPenney.
- Assisting in building case studies for new ABG brand prospects.
- Supporting the Director and Vice President on negotiating contracts.
- Lead and manage weekly committee meeting with key stakeholders and weekly total cross functional team meeting.
- Coordinates with divisional merch teams and cross functional partners across the organization to identify what is needed to launch new brands and product sets
- Drives the appropriate teams to meet deadlines and clearly communicate updates to leadership.
- Partner with product development to determine if oncoming brand will be designed in house or through an outside resource.
- Working with Product Development on meeting deliverables.
- Supporting proof of concept.
- Closely resembles a project management position: managing towards a calendar and end goal.
- Keeping all workstreams and cross functional partners on task, wheels moving.
- While not the decision maker, this role is critical in executing with a sense of urgency and working towards strict deadines.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 5+ years of experience in merchandising or related field. Retail background required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in merchandising, project management or related field recommended.
- Comfortable working in an evolving and ambiguous environment.
- Must be a natural driver; enjoys completing projects.
- Must be detail oriented and strong multitasker to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong understanding of big box merchandise organization.
- Enjoys frequent communication cross functionally and has a positive collaboration mindset.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Manager, Partnerships
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1108007
J.C. Penney Company Inc.