The Field Investigator will support and assist the Field Investigations Manager with day-to-day responsibilities investigating high priority asset protection cases involving organized retail crime, fencing operations, online marketplace, fraud, profit, .com, cargo theft and critical incidents. The position will be located in either Seattle, WA or Portland, OR.
- Responsible for conducting investigative activities related to Organized Retail Crime (ORC). Gathers and analyzes intelligence on individuals and Booster Groups involved in ORC.
- Conducts stationary, foot and mobile surveillances as necessary to develop case intelligence. Partners and consistently utilizes the Central Investigations Center to progress investigations to closure. Travels to markets assigned as necessary to perform job duties.
- Thoroughly documents information gathered during investigations to aid in successful prosecution of suspects. Creates, maintains, and manages records using company approved methods, proper retention of evidence and disposition of evidence. Upon successful completion of investigation, prepares professional case files and refers cases to law enforcement for prosecution. Attends hearings as required and updates appropriate files with court-related outcomes.
- Maintains relationship with local law enforcement, state and national law enforcement as necessary, key retail partners, Organized Retail Crime Associations (ORCA’s), and appropriate prosecution authorities.
- Provides guidance to store AP teams on investigative plans as necessary.
- Supports stores in cases of significant business disruptions (robbery, protests, natural disasters, etc.).
- Works with other Field Investigators, Store AP teams, District AP, Central Investigations, and Home Office AP on special projects.
- Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including but not limited to product and service sales, customer service, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
- 5-7+ years related Asset Protection Investigation Experience
- Systems knowledge, AP systems, CCTV, exception reporting; Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Drives Results, Thinks Critically, Embrases Growth Mindset, Takes Accountability, Prioritizes Customers, Demonstrates Leadership
- High School or Equivelent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Field Investigator
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107993
J.C. Penney Company Inc.