Associate Designer - Active Kid'sJ.C. Penney Company, Inc.Plano, Texas
The Associate Designer
works with the Senior Designer in creation of the original concepts for assigned brand(s) or classification by executing the brand profile and the business strategy for the season.. Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Works with Senior Design in the creation of original concepts for assigned lines to ensure customer focused offerings that meet business requirements.
- Shops appropriate markets, and works with the trend office and product team to conceptualize the product design for the season.
- Initiates product packages through working with technical designers and Senior Designer, as assigned.
- Shops fabric/material mills to define newest materials for season, and selects and approves materials and findings for products.
- Approves lab dips and confirmation samples .
- Prepares the flat sketch design for new products, and creates design sketches for enhancements to existing products, as assigned.
- Works with Senior Designer to Line Build brands when applicable
- Travels as needed to develop the product.
- Develops merchandise presentation of proposed designs, including boards and other visuals.
What you get:
- College degree in fine arts or design, or equivalent work experience in a design related field preferred.
- 3 - 6 years' experience in design product and PU knowledge.
- Basic working knowledge of the technical aspects of the assigned category, ability to design around concepts and to design flat sketches, technical and computer skills, design and color sense, presentation, persuasion, organization, time management, written and verbal communication.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Associate Designer - Active Kid's
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107971
J.C. Penney Company Inc.