This job posting is no longer active.
Senior QA Engineer – End to End Testing, Digital Engineering
We are looking for an experienced Senior QA Engineer to join our End To End Testing team, In this role, primary responsibility will be to drive manual and automation test strategy for various initiatives and continuously improvise existing test cases and automation. Associate will also be responsible for understanding domain and work with various stakeholders to arrive at appropriate test plan and demonstrate excellence in execution.
- Analyze requirements and prepare a query list. If requirements are incomplete, they need to ask meaningful questions that will yield more information and help perform testing effectively
- Write and execute test cases to find system bugs like UI and usability issues, etc.
- UI/API Automation Testing
- Check consistency across devices, browsers, and operating systems
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings
- Use critical thinking and analytical skills to examine bug reports and prioritize necessary tests, what information to include in the daily status reports, and prioritize and estimate task execution
- Collaborate with all the stake holders and understand their requirements and track the progress of each activity
- Identify and prioritize test conditions addressing product risks and features to be tested
- Define specific tests that must be designed for that area;
- Design test cases and sets of test cases to cover test conditions;
- Identify necessary test data to support test conditions and test cases
- Schedule test executions in order
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork skills to interact with project team members, clients and stakeholders as well as work closely with the dev
- Able to independently drive testing activities on large programs or multiple concurrent functionalities, including delivery of test strategy, test plan, and test status.
- Proven delivery experience executing projects through a standard software testing methodology (test planning, test scope identification, test case development, test execution, reviews and defect management).
- Demonstrates leadership accountability for testing on the program / projects assigned.
- Delivers day-to-day assignments with a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Proactively identifies issues, driving them to closure, escalating to leadership as needed.
- Should have strong co-ordination, communication & reporting, analytical skills.
- Programming skills are always a plus including coding, basic SQL knowledge to extract data for tests, XML, general web development skills, and web services
- Good understanding of OOPS concepts and proficient in core JAVA
- Should be able to assess the impacts due to changes in the systems in both upstream and downstream applications.
- Strong experience with HP ALM / Quality Center, JIRA, or other test and defect management tools
- Strong experience in scripting using Selenium with Java and Rest APIs.
- Good understanding of ReactJS and API technologies.
- Good knowledge of SQL queries.
- Ability to define, scope and enable Automation opportunities in the Retail Online Systems.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Senior QA Engineer -End to End Testing, Digital Engineering
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107961
J.C. Penney Company Inc.