The Assistant Art Director will support the Omnichannel Creative Teams with work that propels the Company’s marketing efforts, from seasonal creative concepts and execution to ongoing programmatic campaigns and initiatives. This position reports to a Senior Art Director.
- Assist in creating compelling design for print and digital assets, social media and special projects that achieve the Company’s priorities of promoting immediate sales, achieving fashion and brand image goals, and appealing to customers through compelling visual storytelling
- Develop original, yet appropriate, concepts and maintain consistency across channels
- Become a student of retail—follow and analyze competition in order to differentiate, and identify design trends in the retail industry and beyond
- Learn to use data and insights and effectively apply them to creative executions that drive action on the part of our customers
- Ensure details of assignments are met, are on-brand and well designed while achieving the stated goals of the project
- Effectively communicate with direct manager to meet deadlines and requirements of the work
- Check projects for accuracy, consistency, and correct use of brand guidelines before submitting for review by direct manager and Creative Director
- Manage workload to meet established deadlines
- Function in a support capacity to other art directors on the team
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising
- Up to 3 years of professional experience in art direction, graphic design and/or production. Retail experience preferred but not required.
- Must be proficient and model best practices in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience with Adobe After Effects a plus.
- Demonstrate strong typography skills such as font weight, size, message hierarchy, kerning and leading
- Keen eye for photography cropping and composition
- Insightful sense of color with an understanding of foundational principles of design
- Curiosity, eagerness, dedication, and accountability
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and adaptable to change
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Assistant Art Director - Beauty
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107945
J.C. Penney Company Inc.