Textile Graphic Design - Men's
The role will assists the Textile/Graphic Designers in the development of all print/pattern and visual presentations for private label brands.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Assists the Textile/Graphic Design teams and learns the design process through working with Textile/Graphic Designers and Managing Textile/Graphic Designers.
- Integrates hand and computer skills to create original designs, illustrations and prints exclusive to the Company for assigned brands.
- Executes the preliminary Business Unit color palettes by setting up the colors in the system by division as assigned.
- Maintains the pattern library to ensure seasonal records are completed.
- Assists with the development of concept boards for presentations. Assists with the preparation and development of additional seasonal materials, as needed, including table and wall layouts.
- Performs scanning, recoloring and cleaning up of patterns as well as basic revisions (colorway, etc.).
- Transfers prepared finalized artwork (camera ready) to appropriate areas - i.e., Sourcing.
What you get:
- 2-year design and/or art degree preferred.
- Proficiency in apparel graphics.
- Working knowledge of the most current textile and graphic design software and hardware.
- Good communication, time management, and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator. Proficiency in free hand sketching preferred.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Textile Graphic Design - Men's
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107888
J.C. Penney Company Inc.