This job posting is no longer active.
Director of Email Marketing
The Director of Email Marketing will support and assist the Senior Director of Media in the development, implementation, and analysis of all owned media channels, including e-mail, SMS, Push Notifications and Direct Mail.
- Oversee owned media promotional and lifecycle calendars in coordination with marketing, loyalty, and merchant stakeholder priorities.
- Develop the personalization and automation roadmap of marketing programs via email, SMS, App messaging, and Direct Mail channels.
- Define customer acquisition and retention initiatives across channels.
- Work closely with CRM, IT, and creative partners to define data and asset requirements for real-time, personalized messaging as well as promotional cadence.
- Evolve KPI reporting and continually optimize strategies based on test and learn plans.
- Collaborate with internal partners and external agencies to research and implement the appropriate marketing technologies for assigned channels.
- Build strong, cross-functional relationships to enhance knowledge-share and improve the customer experience.
- Stay informed and educate others on the application of the ever-changing landscapes of consumer privacy compliance (CCPA, GDPR, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, etc.) with respect to owned media channels.
- Foster direct reports and respective teams on best practices and career development.
- Manage and adhere to the owned media budget and approve/submit invoices for payment to external agencies.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing; MBA preferred.
- 10 years of progressive business experience in innovative digital retail marketing.
- Expertise in emerging technologies & ecommerce.
- Strong understanding and expertise in digital & content platforms (DMP, CDP, ESP, SMS, Mobile App, etc.)
- Preferred experience with Salesforce
- Strong analytical skills to report on performance, detect patterns and make decisions to drive business objectives
- Passion for cultural trends, consumer behaviors and innovation.
- Experience leading internal and agency teams.
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with C-level executives with the ability to influence, work collaboratively, and gain consensus across a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs through effective use of communication skills in formal and informal settings.
- Direct reporting management experience; lead, coach and mentor direct reports.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Director of Email Marketing
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1107808
J.C. Penney Company Inc.